f you want to install a custom recovery or custom ROM, then unlocking bootloader is one of the prerequisites. Bootloader is a set of code that runs before any operating system is running. It usually contains several ways to boot the OS kernel and also contain commands for debugging and/or modifying the kernel environment. In order to keep you from installing your desired Andoid custom ROM, manufacturers lock the bootloader.
If you are own an Android one phone, then here is the guide that you can follow to unlock the bootloader on your device.
- Unlocking bootloader voids the warranty of your device. So, do make a decision wisely.
- We are not responsible for any damage occurred to your device. So proceed at your own risk.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Android One Devices
- Backup all of your phone’s data before you start as unlocking the bootloader would wipe all the data stored on your device. Learn How to backup all data on your Android phone.
- Make sure your battery is at least 75% charged before you proceed.
- Make sure you have installed latest USB drivers for your device on PC.
- Enable USB Debugging mode by going to Settings–>Developer options->USB Debugging.
- Download and extract the Android One Bootloader Unlocking Script on your PC.
- Connect your device to PC using OEM USB data cable and make sure it is detected, if not,download and install the proper USB drives for your device on PC.
- Run ‘android-one-bootloader-unlock.bat’ file as administrator on PC.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
- Once done, your phone will reboot automatically and you’ve successfully unlocked the bootloader.
If you are facing any issues during process make sure to install the latest drivers for your device on your PC. If even after installing the proper driver you’re not able to get your device connected to your PC, then try these little tricks:
- Connect your phone to other USB ports on your computer.
- Reboot computer.
- Try on other computer.