There are many different reasons why you might want to factory reset your Android Wearsmartwatch. For example, you might want to sell the watch and make sure all your personal data is removed from the device beforehand or just feeling like a fresh start or free up space. Whatever the reasons, you can easily restore your Android Wear watch to its out-of-box state. Here are two simple methods to perform a factory reset on an Android Wear device.
Please note that performing this action will erase all data stored on your smartwatch such as notifications and cards, fitness data, third-party apps, system settings and preferences. However, the smartphone counterpart will be unaffected. After the reset you’ll need to re-pair thewatch with your smartphone again.
Method #1: Reset with Touch Display
- Tap your watch’s screen to turn it on.
- Tap again on the background and you’ll see a white screen with a red “G”.
- Tap anywhere on the screen and a menu will show up
- Scroll down until you see “Settings” option and tap on it.
- Now, scroll down and select “Reset device.”
- Confirm you want to reset your Android Wear watch by tapping the check icon.
After confirming the reset, the device will power off and perform a factory reset.
Method #2: Reset with Voice Commands
- From the home screen, say “Ok Google”.
- At next screen, say “Settings”.
- Then scroll down until you see “Reset device” and tap on it.
- Confirm your choice and wait for your Android wear to revert to factory settings.